Do you ever really want cookies but don’t want to take out all of the ingredients and make them? Same. That’s why I LOVE cake mix cookies. They are so easy to throw together and are a great little trick to make someone think you baked totally from scratch. I brought these to work and Chase brought them to his work and people could not get enough! Seriously. They were so in love with these cookies everyone went back for more.
The trick to these cookies is that the cake mix gives you all of the dry ingredients, ready to go. So half of the work is done for you! You can easily adapt these recipes to any type of cake mix and any toppings and fillings. For the first set, I used funfetti mix with extra sprinkles and then chocolate fudge mix with dark chocolate chips.
There is also a few ways to make cookies like these with just a switch of ingredients. My two favorites are using either butter or cream cheese. When using cream cheese you can expect thicker, fluffy cookies that will keep their shape and not spread. They are really similar to a cupcake top! When using butter, they spread a little more but are still chewy and soft in the center. So whichever you prefer, you can switch it up.
Anyways, without further a do here are the two recipe variations plus videos! I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with making little videos so I hope you like them (like at least a little bit). I am improving, slowly but surely! I am no Tastemade but I am Simply Nutmeg’s so I guess that counts for something?
- 1 box of funfetti cake mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 a cup) room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, baking soda and vanilla in a mixer on high until combined. Add the butter in two parts. Sprinkle in additional sprinkles.
- Scoop 1 inch thick balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes on a cookie rack.
- 1 bag of chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick) melted
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the cake mix, butter, cream cheese and eggs in a large stand mixer. Mix on high until combined. You may have to pause it to scrape the batter off the sides or off the mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Place 1 1/2 inch balls of dough about an inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a cookie mat. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before eating.