Alright, let’s start by naming some requirements when looking for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. They have to be a combination of thick and chewy. They must have a few warm, melty chocolate chips inside. They have to last a few days if, worst case scenario, you for some ungodly reason cannot eat them all that night. AND most importantly, they have to leave you saying “mmmm” after every bite.
Not an easy list to check off, I know.
But after cookie recipe and cookie recipe I have finally found the perfect combination that checks EVERY SINGLE BOX.
This is not a drill people.
I debating sharing this recipe because, one day when I finally start selling my cookies, this bad boy will for sure be on the menu and you don’t want to give the secret sauce, ya know? But what can I say. The cause was greater than me. The world needed this recipe.
Another reason why I love it is because it makes the perfect amount. More often than not, when you’re about to plop down for a movie or in my case, Batchelorette night, you don’t want to go back and forth making batches with all the dough you have left. Most of my recipes make 3 batches and well thats great, sometimes you just want enough to get you through the movie.
On that note, this recipe is easily doubled, tripled and quadrupled for when your friends beg you for more.
Some important things to note when making this recipe perfectly. I always use salted butter in chocolate chip cookies. I just love salty flavors and I think it tastes a lot better.
Also on the subject of butter, this recipe is even more perfect because you can totally get away with a little microwaving to soften it up. I like to put the stick in the microwave for 30 seconds so it’s half melted and half is still there. That way it whips light and fluffy without the usual long butter wait.
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) of butter, softened and slightly melted in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup, packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, combine the sugars and butter on medium speed. The mixture should look brown and gooey.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking powder and mix until a soft but thick dough forms.
- Remove from the stand mixer and fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.